Sunday, October 9, 2011

up again.

I'm up and running again. We'll see how long this lasts.

A few weeks ago, I decided to once again start blogging. Mostly because I wanted to have a safe place to share my experiences in my first year of teaching. By safe, I mean a place that I know my thoughts will be there when I sign back in. The few weeks went by and I did nothing to make my dreams become a reality...

...it wasn't until I began to read the book, Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist. I was given the book by a good friend who had also given me another one of her books awhile back that I could not put down. To no one's surprise, I can't put this one down either. I love it. I love the way Shauna shares her experiences. It is literally like reading someone's blog and not wanting to stop. As I read each chapter, I kept telling myself that I have got to start blogging again. So finally...I sit in my bed, the new Phil Wickham CD softly playing in the background (very good, but just like his others FYI), the window open with the cool Fall breeze running into my room, and the thought running through my head that I need to close my computer and go to bed. I have an early morning tomorrow. And a busy week. Lord knows my students do not want to see me grumpy. We've already discussed it.

Tomorrow begins Week 8 (or 9, I'm not sure) of school. I cannot believe how quickly these first two months have flown by. The weeks have been fun, exciting, tiring, stressful, overwhelming, rewarding, tough, and worth it all. I love my students, love the people I work with, and love the place I am at...which makes up for all the stress pimples I get on a weekly basis. Here's to another week full of surprises and many learning experiences. Not just for my students. Mostly for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment