Tuesday, May 31, 2011

call me an intellectual nerd.

I am totally okay with that.



Lately, I have been reading books. And lots of them. It is most likely due to the fact that since Borders is going out of business, I spend lots of time and money there buying these incredible books that I can't wait to read. The last one I just read was Prodigal God by Tim Keller, a must read if you want to know all about the "other" brother. It's a short read, small book with big letters and lots of spaces. That is my kind of book.

Before that book, I read Radical by (I forget) while I was in Mexico. I highly do not recommend that book if you are on vacation at an all inclusive resort. You will leave feeling very spoiled and guilty for the vacation you thought you would greatly enjoy. Read it and you will competely understand.

Currently, I am reading Letters to a Young Teacher, which is just okay, but very encouraging as I begin a brand new year next year. This is the kind of book you can just pick up and read little bits at a time when you feel like it. I really like those kinds of books.

Along with that book, my true nerdiness is beginning to shine. Teach Like a Champ is what I read when I bask in the sun on a warm, bright day. The title says it all. Most girls read these Karen Kingsbury novels, books that make them cry...the list can go on, but I am not that kind of girl right now. I am the kind of nerdy girl who is reading lots of books, constantly writing intriguing quotes in my journal, and beginning to watch the Real Hosewives less and less.

Who knows how long this will last, but for now, I will continue to read these books, make frequent stops to Borders as they lower prices everyday, and watch the crazy moms on Real Housewives every so often when I get a chance. Like I said, I am totally okay with that.




No comments:

Post a Comment