Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday.

Today was a day that called for the quote book to be retrieved from my purse. I subbed in a 3rd grade class and I could not help but laugh throughout the entire day.

As soon as I met the class, one of the students approached me and asked if he could share something with the class. I said yes and he came up to the front of the room.

Student: "Guys, I have something I need to say. I have never told anyone at this school what I am about to say. No one here knows." (a very dramatic monologue I must say)
Me: "Ok, ok. Get on with your news."
Student: "Well, guys (deep breath), I am not coming back to this school next year." (Mind you it is October and school gets out in June)
Class: A huge gasp for about 2 minutes.
Student: "I know. My parents are moving. My dad got a new job." (Once again, very dramatic)
Me: "Ok, well, that is too bad. Good thing you have a whole year left here." (Really trying to be sympathetic about the situation)

A few minutes later, a friend walks over to the student, pats him on the back and says, "Man, I'm really gonna miss you."

Mind you these are third graders.

Next quote book worthy moment.

I told the class my name was Miss Pierce and I would be their sub for the day. One particular student yelled out, "Oh, like Britney S. Pierce, also known as Britney Spears." For all you fanatic Glee followers, the Britney Spears episode's main character was Britney S. Pierce who played the part of Britney Spears. I have only seen one episode of Glee and it just happened to be that one.

I began to laugh at the situation and asked the student if he watched the show. He said yes and that it was his favorite show. The rest of the day, I became known as Miss Britney Spears.

I never corrected the kid because I thought it was so funny. Obviously not very professional to be called that name, but I went along with it. It's nice to have a change once in awhile.

The day was a blast and I am ready for two more days with this kiddos.

Mind you, these are third graders.

4 comments:

  1. That is too cute, Em. It sounds like you have a handful. I can't believe that third grader watches Glee, especially that particular episode! I love you very much and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious!!! I love what kids say it's so random. I hope you have a great couple of days with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll read the book you write. You're good. And,
    you're funny, which I enjoy. :) ( do you think
    it's creepy that old women read your blog?)

    ReplyDelete