Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy fall.

I made Apple Cinnamon muffins and was really excited about it. They sounded so good on a fall day. I got a good deal on the muffin box. 99 cents from the discounted grocery store in ghetto Bakersfield. I found this place thanks to my mom. She shops there all the time purchasing the basics. The discounted store carries items that are damaged and close to their expiration date. And my mom shops there. Usually those who shop at this store are struggling families on food stamps and my mom goes there. She loads up every time too. I often have to remind her that she needs to leave some food for the struggling people out there. Rarely does she listen to me.



So. I baked these muffins. As I was taking out the ingredients, the mix smelled a little strange. I looked at the expiration date. 05/10. That's what I get for shopping at discounted grocery stores I guess. But, I decided to keep going and see how they would turn out. Not so good.

I got everyone in my family to try them. So maybe I lied to get them to taste it. They fell for it. They thought they were pretty gross. At first it was blamed on my baking skills, but I was quick to say that they expired 6 months ago. I was in the clear.

On the bright side, I got new Biolage shampoo for 6 dollars. Target sells it for 20.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, before I even got past the first line I thought, "like mother like daughter". HAHA remember when your mom used to take us to FoodMax in elementary school? I loved playing with the huge tin of beans.

    Also, Biolage for how much??? I can't believe that. I am going straight there with you as soon as I come home for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...and my mom shops there."

    hahahaa.

    ReplyDelete