Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh Max.

Max Lucado is one cool guy. And I say that because I met him. I would say we are pretty good friends now, but I don't want to push it. I got to meet Max at a concert held for World Vision a few weeks ago. Not only was it a good concert, but I felt so cool! I got a back stage pass to "hang out." No, I will not tell you how I got that pass, but I felt pretty cool wearing it.

When Max began to speak, he kept saying how beautiful Bakersfield was. He couldn't get over how many pretty trees we had and how nice the people were. I love Max. Pretty much for that reason. I was contemplating if I should bring my camera or not, but declined...I would get star struck by all the artists that I would probably make a fool of myself. Therefore, I have no pictures to prove that in fact, I was there.

All this to say.....I got one of Max's books called Out Love Your Life. I just started reading it and love it! A little convicting, but I think we need that in our lives. I am still at the beginning of the book, but it's deep. And really good. We are ordinary people who are made to do extraordinary things. Thinking of God's disciples, they were not great theologians..."Before Jesus came along, the disciples were loading trucks, coaching soccer, and selling Slurpee drinks at the convenience store. Their collars were blue and their hands were calloused, and there is no evidence that Jesus chose them because they were smarter or nice than the guy next door. The one thing they had going for them was a willingness to take a step when Jesus said, 'Follow me.'"

Good. Convicting. Creative. Pretty darn humorous. All Jesus wants us to do is follow Him no matter the kind of person we are. God tends to use those who think they are least prepared. I am one of those.

To top off the night, I received the book for FREE. Want to know how you can? Begin sponsoring a World Vision child and you can have your own. Your own book. And your own kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment