Sunday, April 24, 2011

me gusta Cancun.


I have decided to stop posting albums on Facebook. It may be because I don't feel like I need to share so much of my personal life with the facebook world. Or it could be because I already spend too much time on there as it is. Making an album would just add to that. Or it may even be because I am getting more mature, more wise, more sophisticated and I want to save all the cool pictures for my blog. Who knows what the case may be, but with all that said, I sit here writing with itchy, peeling skin because I just got home from Cancun. It was a trip with the family to celebrate some major met goals, and boy, did we celebrate. We celebrated so much that we all came home with Montezuma's Revenge. For those of you who do not know what that is, look it up. It's real. Trust me.

The trip began with an early morning flight. We arrived at our resort to be handed glasses of champagne while our bags were personally delivered to our room. That's when the trip began....



The lobby.

After we settled in, we went to the first meal of the trip. A delicious meal overlooking the ocean. And after that, we found out that room service will give you anything you want. In that case, we took them up on the offer. Midnight rolled around. Teddi and I made a phone call. A cheeseburger, french fries, and delicious taquitos were delivered to our room.

A typical day in the life of a Pierce on vacation looked like this: Wake up, take a short run on the beach, either order room service or go to a restaurant for breakfast, lay out, lay out, get a drink, lay out, read, lay out, take a nap, each lunch, take a nap, lay out, get a drink, maybe take another nap while laying out and then finally head inside. Boy, did the days wear me out.




Nights were always fun. We would dress up and head to one of the six restaurants they had at the resort. Every place would serve at least a four course meal that was to DIE FOR. A few times I really thought I died and gone to heaven.






A few excursions were penciled in...if you count snorkeling, traveling to a town, and going to the spa. But when we weren't doing those things, we were either eating, sleeping, or tanning. It was great.




Thanks to Megan for getting her Master's. Thanks to Doug for passing his CPA exams, and thanks to me for graduating college (in four years with my credential thank you very much). Without these accomplishments and of course, my parents for giving us this vacation, it would not be possible. As they always say, "This trip deserves to be in a photo book."

2 comments:

  1. soooo... teddi did nothing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! You guys are so funny! What is that that TEDDI is drinking?? hmmmm???
    Looks fabulous and I am so glad that your family spent this precious time together!!!!

    ReplyDelete