Monday, April 4, 2011

His will.

I have to say that this is the year in which I have learned that God's will is not only the best for me, but it will be done. I can't begin to think of all the things I tried to do, whether that be moving away, finding a full time teaching job, and even the little things....when they were not in God's will, they did not get done.

At first, I was frustrated and kept asking God, "why, why why?" Then my mindset began to change. I really began to learn about God's will. I threw my hands back and said, "Alright God, you know what is best for me. I will do my part. I will do what I am called to do and let You work everything else out."

And that is exactly what He has done. When I sat back and actually let Him guide my life, I began to see all He is doing and all the good that comes from it. He really does know what is best. And when we sit back and let Him actually work, man, He does a lot. The best part of it all....it is good.

When I begin to feel discouraged, overwhelmed, or discontent I remind myself that...

-His Will will be done in my life.
-His Will is what is best for me.
-He is sovereign.
-He is faithful.

I will sit back and let Him be the driver of me and not the other way around. Because Lord knows I am one horrible driver who never pays attention, never follows rules, and believes I can text and drive at the same time.

"Our Father in heaven
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven...."

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, becoming clay in the Potter's hand, yielding to his design can be hart -- i know, i get pretty freaked out when God sent me in an unanticipated direction. But like you said, ultimately His design is best. He just wants our trust.
    Hope to see you this week! Annette and I talked about Friday?
    Have a great trip!!
    Love, AA

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, Em! I can't believe how clear the water is there and that black one shoulder dress is just stunning! Love you.

    ReplyDelete