Tuesday, April 26, 2011

pray.

I think prayer is such a simple task, yet hard to accomplish...for me at least. I can pray. I will pray. But I don't always believe what I pray. I am like the father in Mark with the sick daughter and Jesus tells him to believe. The father replies...."I do believe, but help my unbelief." I am that Father. I can sit and pray. That's easy, but I don't always believe that what I pray will transpire.

This leads me to the prayer that I have been praying for over a year now. I want a teaching job. I am ready for one. I feel prepared. I am excited. I am willing. I know God has this specific place for me. A specific classroom with the name "Miss Pierce" inscribed on a wooden block placed perfectly in the center of my old, antique looking wooden desk right next to the apple a student brought me last week. So I not only pray for the opportunity to have that teaching job this year, but I pray for His Will to be done.

Now it's time to believe all that I pray. I have an interview this coming Monday at a school I would LOVE to teach at. It is exactly the kind of place I want to be. I pray for it and I ask you to pray for it as well. I want the job...I get the chills just thinking that I may possibly have this opportunity.

God plainly tells us that He answers our prayers when we ask. So why I don't believe that, who knows. But it is time to start believing what I pray. Sit back and watch the Lord provide.
"To the faithful, He shows Himself faithful..." -Psalm 18:25

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Praying for Monday! Excited for what He has for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emi! Read this now and see how sweet and perfect the Lord's will is.

    What a blessing - love you!

    ReplyDelete