Saturday, May 21, 2011

my sweet bargains.

I am all about the bargains these days. I have always wanted to be a true bargain shopper, but never took the time to educate myself, set aside a good part of my day, and actually bargain. But those days are over and I have an empty classroom with not much dinero to fill it with.

And that is okay...because I am now a certified bargain shopper.

Today, I went to a "Junkster" sale...so it was called. It happened to be at my old elementary down the street from my house. My sister and I trotted down to the school in our "workout" clothes only to be asked by my dad on the way out, "You're wearing that? You are representing the Pierce family now, you know." Oh please Pop. I said no more and headed for the door.

This "Junkster" sale gave me three filled grocery bags of BOOKS. I was thrilled. I immediately began grabbing as many books as I could see in sight. I figured the seller would sale them for a dollar or so. Not too bad. When I asked her how much they cost....a quarter. That is IT. Just a quarter. 25 cents for chapter books that will work perfectly in my classroom.

I walked away with 40 books today. Not bad.

Another bargain came last week when GW School Supply held a yard sale. Can't be any more perfect than that. Teachers selling their old things to me, a brand new teacher who has no idea what she is doing. I once again grabbed as much as I could and thought would be useful in my classroom. Although I did find many bargains, some of those teachers were STINGY. And by that I mean, when I tried to bargain, they would not budge. Please, their stuff wasn't THAT great.

That is my hunt this summer. Find yard sales and great deals at local stores. I want to be able to say that everything I found for my classroom was bought at a very inexpensive price.

....let the hunt begin...


1 comment: