Monday, May 16, 2011

Three tacos, a margarita on the rocks, and a bowl of ice cream later....

......I'm full and ready to blog.

These past few weeks have been...whoooo....hoooo.....CRAZY. As I look back at the past years, April and May seem to always be the craziest months out of the year. These past two months of this year have been nothing but crazy. So the trend continues on.

With all that said, what attributes to this crazy time is the fact that God answered my prayers in a way that I can do nothing but thank Him, praise Him, and fear Him more and more each day.

My one prayer request this past year has been answered. I was offered a teaching job.

Beginning in August 2011, I will open my classroom door to 24 fourth and fifth grade students. Man, am I excited!! I have never been more excited actually. When I got the phone call, I screamed, could not stop shaking, and yes, I began to cry. It truly is an answer to prayer and I can do nothing but give the glory to God.

Now the fun begins. I have a blank slate for a classroom, no money to fill that space up.......but I do have lots of energy! Let the fun times, the hard work (the very hard work), and the chance to be a light in little ones lives begin....


2 comments:

  1. AND you are one of the most creative people I know - you will have no problem filling that room up - making it a wonderful place for those children to feel loved and safe by Miss Pierce.

    So proud of you, Em!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Emily!!! I am sure you will have so much fun decorating your classroom!!

    ReplyDelete