Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm a blogger.

If you would have asked me a year ago if I would ever blog, I would laugh really hard. And I wouldn't be laughing with you. I was never the blogger type until a few months ago. It was really when I began preparing for my time I spent in Africa. I felt like it is so important that I write down my thoughts, get them out of my head, and write them on a piece of paper. To share with others. To get them off my chest. And to be able to look back and see God's hand in every situation. Call me crazy. I am now a blogger.

Every night before I go to bed, which was around 10:30pm, but now it seems to be getting latter and latter, I read out of Oswald Chambers', My Utmost for His Highest. It's a daily devotional book, very short and straight to the point. February 22- I read and I have stayed on that day since then. I usually don't do this, but this one particular devotion was SO good. I mean really, really good. Entitled, The Discipline of Spiritual Tenacity, Oswald explains the word, tenacity. It's more than endurance. It's more than a hope that may not follow through. It is an absolute certainty that what we are looking for is going to transpire. Oswald writes that "the greatest fear a man has is not that he will be damned, but that Jesus Christ will be worsted, that the things He stood for-love and justice and forgiveness and kindness among men-will not win out in the end." We must hang out, persevere, knowing that God will not be worsted.

God has it all under control. We need to keep trusting. Keep persevering. "If our hopes are being disappointed just now, it means that they are being purified."

Remain spiritually tenacious.

I think of this with teaching and what my future holds. I could go on and on about how bad the school systems have become, but I won't. I probably won't have a job come August 2010. What will I do? Good question. I get that a lot. Where will I live? Once again, good question that I get a lot.

As of right now, I am remaining spiritually tenacious. If God wants me to have my own classroom come August 2010, I will have my own classroom. If not, does it make me sad that I won't be able to pursue my dreams right now? Yes, very sad. I've only wanted to be a teacher since I was little. I would have my "pretend" classroom held in my living room, walking around in my mom's high heels that made grown up noises and passing out my mom's left over Sunday school worksheets. Teaching is something I have wanted to do since I can remember and I finally (thank the Lord!) am able to! Expect there are no jobs available.

Remaining spiritually tenacious. It's all I can do.

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm linking your blog to mine.

    I like this. Keep it up! People do read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Pierce! And I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete