Thursday, March 18, 2010

Submit.

Submission: A very hard thing to do, especially if you are someone who likes to take control of every situation they face. If you are anything like me, you don't really like submit, have others tell you what to do, let others take care of your situations. If you are anything like me, you want to do it all yourself. You can ask my parents...I was one of those kids who did not want anyone to tell her what to do...which got me into trouble just about everyday.


To this day, I still want to figure everything out on my own. (It definitely has it's pros and cons, but we will stick with the cons today.) I don't want others to tell me what to do. Bringing that over to my relationship with the Lord, though, can get me into trouble. God calls us to submit, to lay everything down at His feet and surrender it to Him. I have trouble with that. I may pray these prayers that I want God to answer. I say, "Lord, I submit these things to you," but then I go right back into worrying and trying to figure out the situations myself. No bueno.

Last summer I interned with the high school youth group at my church. I loved it. It was amazing. I loved the high schoolers. I loved going to work everyday. I probably had more fun at events than 16 year olds. Interning at a church is probably one of the best jobs anyone could as for. Now that I am not around these people, I love getting onto facebook and see what the high schoolers are up to. I love, love, LOVE reading their statuses because they say the neatest, most Godly thoughts that you don't often hear high schoolers say. I am so blessed to know each and every one of these guys and love seeing how they have grown in this small amount of time. One status I read said, "I'm gonna stay in this place as long as it takes because I want you to hear me say, "Lord have your way."

That is submission. Finally, giving yourself over to the Lord, saying, "Have your way." When I finally am able to say that, I see God work in some pretty amazing ways. Looking back at my past and seeing the times that I gave God whatever was present in my life over to Him, I am able to see some pretty amazing prayers answered.

I'm in a part of my life right now where I must confess that I will stay in this spot as long as it takes because I want Him to hear me say, "Lord have your way." It's not easy, but I have to remember that if God brought me through it in the past, why would he not bring me through it now?

"Let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet." -James 4:7

It's time to submit.

No comments:

Post a Comment