Wednesday, September 29, 2010

For all you "transies" out there.


And by "transies" I mean people going through a transition stage. Now that I think of it, I am not sure if that is even a word.

"Life is full of unwanted transitions. It is our response to the land between that will determine whether our journey through the desert will result in deep, lasting growth or prove destructive to the soul." -Jeff Manion

I began reading a book called "The Land Between" just the other day. It fits perfectly into my life as I go through a transition phase, myself. Author Jeff Manion, describes the "land between" as a place we face when going through transition phases. Usually, it is a valley. Not a very pretty place. Manion parallels the "land between" with the Israelites and their journey from Egypt into the Promised Land. Traveling through that valley was not pretty and many lessons were learned.

Throughout the book (which I am only on page 66), Manion talks about the Israelites and their lack of trust. You are probably thinking, "Yes, those Israelites, never trusting God. Always rebelling and being pulled back. Again and again and again."

When we think of them, though, do we ever think that, we, ourselves, do the very same thing? Manion asks that question. Do we trust God? Do we completely trust Him? Sure caught me off guard. We sometimes feel like we are above the Israelites, when, we in fact, are the Israelites.

As I think about my life, I find myself being just like the Israelites, constantly doing things my own way, complaining to God about my circumstances, and God always telling me to trust Him completely. It's time to let my life go into His hands, trust Him completely and know that it will be GOOD. I have seen God provide for me in the past, what makes me think He will not provide for me now?

The "land between" is tough. It is not meant to be a walk in the park. They don't call them valleys for no reason. But this is the time for growth and what more can we want out of life than growing closer to a powerful God.

I will comment about this book as I dive more deeply into it. Like I said, I am only on page 66.

On a lighter note, for some reason, every time I am driving in the car, I think about the change I am going through and want to do something about it. With that said, I am either getting a tattoo or dying my hair brown. I will probably go with the latter. I will be living on the streets if I get that tattoo.





2 comments:

  1. hi emily. meg tab told me about your blog last night. it's so cute and you're such a great writer. hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job penning your thoughts & feelings. True joy and peace come only from the Lord, not your circumstances. Enjoy the moment...whether you are a blonde or brunette. Love you, Emily

    ReplyDelete