Tuesday, September 21, 2010

One of those.

It was one of those days yesterday. The morning was fine, but it was all down hill after that.

I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for my fingerprints to come in so that I can be put on substitute lists in various districts. I decided to call them and was told that they were mailed to me on September 8th. It was now September 21st. I raced over to the Superintendent building, grabbed them, and ran to Human Resources. I compiled all my paperwork together, gave them to the secretary and waited in anticipation. One of the important pieces was having a physical. Earlier, I had called them more than once to make sure this certain physical I had done would be okay to accept. They told me that was fine. But when they saw it in person, they said, "We cannot accept this. There is too much information on it." Who says that? That is like a teacher telling you a paper that you wrote was too good. No one ever says things like that!

After finding out this sad news, tears began to well up in my eyes. I could tell the secretary felt bad for me and told me I could go to a clinic and get a new physical right away. I grabbed my things, gave her a smile, and said, "I can do this. Just one more loop hole to get there."

I sped over to the clinic, talked to the rudest lady I have ever dealt with, and waited for my name to be called. As I was waiting, I slipped off the bathroom, you know, because I had to go. As soon as I walked out, the nurse called my name. We walked back. He asked me some questions. He told me I needed a urine sample. I looked at him. I said, "Are you kidding me? I just went to the bathroom." He laughed and got me some water. I drank 3 rather large cups of water. The doctor saw me. I told him I was in great shape. There was nothing wrong with me. I peed in a cup and I walked out of that office.

I once again sped back to the Superintendent's building and offered my "correct" paperwork to the secretary. This time it was correct.

On my way home, after my no fun day, I thought it would be appropriate to stop for some frozen yogurt. There is a new place in town called "Burrberry", just like Pink Berry. I stopped in, grabbed some tasty yogurt and got into my car. As I was driving, you can only guess...about half the fruit spilled out onto the floor of my car.

I was ready for the day to be over. I got into bed and began reading my daily devotional book. It said exactly what I needed to hear. When things don't go as planned, we just have to say to God, "Oh, well. That is okay" and know that things will get better. We can't put ourselves down for the small things that go wrong in our lives because we will not be prepared for when big things take a change in course.

I went to bed feeling much better only until I woke up a few hours later with a coughing attack....

No comments:

Post a Comment